Congratulations! By signing with The College Network for one of our online degree programs you have taken an important step in bettering yourself and your future. You’ve made the decision to work at your own pace, study on your own time, and control the way you learn best. But with any new endeavor we begin, there is fleeting thought of uncertainty or confusion, especially with “So how do I begin?” Allow me to assist!
Below is a general guide on how to begin your program so that you are on the path to success!
1. Read your Academic Guidance Planner (AGP): The Academic Guidance Planner contains useful information regarding your program, scheduling exams, enrollment information into your degree program, and other vital information. There is also a Learning Style Survey that you can complete to understand how you learn best! I like to refer to it as your silent best friend. You can locate the AGP on the Resource Center under Printable Resources.
2. Make sure you complete your Welcome/Guidance Call: When you sign with The College Network, you are provided a Guidance Call appointment which allows you the opportunity to speak with an Academic Advisor about your learning goals, available resources, and also complete a tour of our Online Resource Center. Even if you began your program months/years ago, please feel free to contact us to complete your Guidance Call!
3. Set a schedule: While all of the degree programs through The College Network are self-paced, it is still important to know what your availability will be like to study your Comprehensive Learning Modules so you have a plan of action.
4. Gather your materials: While you will study your Comprehensive Learning modules online on the Resource Center, many learners choose to print materials or take notes. Gathering any necessary tools like highlighters, pens, notebooks, or note cards ahead of time will ensure that you won’t lose precious study moments!
5. Log in to the Online Resource Center: All of your materials as well as additional study resources will be able to you online. All customers receive a log in user name and password shortly after signing with The College Network. Take the time to look through all the information online and gain familiarity with the site. As always, you can contact Customer Support for Assistance.
6. Begin reading: As a new customer you would have been provided access to your first module immediately. Begin with chapter one and take notes of important information and important vocabulary terms. After each chapter you will have access to end of chapter study questions and chapter quizzes to assess your learning before moving forward.
And remember, The Customer Support department cares about your success. We’re only a phone call (1-800-634-1443), email (email@example.com), or online chat away for assistance.